Collections and archives
Soil and plant tissue archive
CCESR maintains a collection of soil and plant tissue samples collected across the site from 1982 through the present. This collection currently has almost 80,000 samples. A description of the archive samples is available here.
Requests for access to samples should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCESR manages an extensive collection of insects. This collection contains nearly 4000 taxa collected from Cedar Creek, including:
- 900 COLEOPTERA (includes 120 Carabidae, 120+ Chrysomelidae, 50 Scarabaeidae, 50+ Cerambycidae, 90+ Curculionidae).
- 1000 HYMENOPTERA (includes 400 Ichneumonidae+Braconidae, ca 100 CHALCIDOIDEA, 85 Sphecidae, 140 APOIDEA).
- 700 DIPTERA (includes 150 BRACHYCERA, 80 Syrphidae, 180+ ACALYPTERATA incl.30+ Chloropidae).
- 400 LEPIDOPTERA (60 PAPILIONOIDEA, 25 Hesperiidae). More than 200 species of Macro moths (75+ Noctuidae, 50 Geometridae) have been collected, but many more in these two large families are expected to occur here.
- 300 HEMIPTERA (includes 100 Miridae, 40 Lygaeidae, 40 Pentatomidae)
- 300 HOMOPTERA (includes 130 Cicadellidae, 45 Membracidae, ca 40 Fulgoroidea).
- 80+ ORTHOPTERA (includes 40 Acrididae)
- 60+ ODONATA (includes 27 Libellulidae)
- 30 NEUROPTERA (includes 3+ Myrmeleontidae, 8 Hemerobiidae)
A photo archive of this collection is available here.
Cedar Creek Ecosystem Reserve also maintains GIS data for experiment locations and topography. Requests for CCESR GIS data or maps can be addressed to email@example.com